Human Resources Coordinator/Recruiter
The Human Resource Coordinator/Recruiter provides assistance with and facilitates the human resource process. Recruiting, benefits administration and providing other clerical support are the main functions of this position. Provides excellent customer service to employees and applicants.
- Recruits and prescreens applicants, schedules and conducts interviews. Has confidence to make quick decisions using good rationale.
- Works with managers to identify workforce planning needs.
- Presents selected applicants to hiring managers for consideration followed by making job offers.
- Increases applicant flow via print, social media, job boards, training institutions, job fairs, networking and other creative methods.
- Conducts the onboarding and paperwork process in cooperation with the Training Coordinator.
- Prepares and processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions.
- Administers employee benefit plans including enrollments, changes, terminations and reconciles benefit statements. Assists with open enrollment. Develops and administers the company wellness program.
- Resolves benefits related problems and ensures effective utilization of plans. Ensures plans are administered in accordance with federal and state regulations and plan provisions are followed.
- Provides administrative support to human resources function including record keeping, file maintenance and data entry. Processes terminations.
- Answers employee requests and questions while following company policies.
- Assists or prepares correspondence, makes photocopies, faxes documents and performs other clerical functions.
- Assists Executive Director with special projects, as needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a casual office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopier, filing cabinets and fax machines. This position is required to attend job fairs, hiring events and travel to other public locations to recruit applicants.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Local travel of up to 10% of the time is required for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED required. Two years of college and/or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of six months recruiting and/or benefits administration experience.
- Good computer skills with intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Able to use the internet to locate and retrieve information.
- Current Driver’s License and Liability Auto insurance.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Prefer Bachelor’s degree with course work in human resources or other business related field.
- Prefer experience with Access, HRIS or database management
- Preference will be given to applicants with prior Human Resources experience in full cycle recruiting and onboarding, benefits administration, public speaking, marketing, and writing, and/or general administrative office experience.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Medical, Dental, Group Life, Voluntary Life, STD, LTD, AD&D, Cancer, FSA, PTO, holidays, casual dress. Friday afternoons off!
Brighter Day, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer