Direct Care Staff - Full-time, Part-time & Weekend Openings
Tulsa, West Tulsa, Glenpool & Sapulpa
Brighter Day, Inc. is hiring compassionate caregivers for full-time and part-time weekend and evening shifts. You will care for up to three adults with developmental disabilities in their home. No experience required. Paid training! Some meals provided. Flexible hours. Affordable benefits for full-time positions which are often filled internally. Immediate openings for those passing the background check.
• Must be at least 18 years old.
• No felonies in the past five years. Older criminal records may not prevent you from being considered depending on other factors as outlined in Brighter Day and DDSD policies.
• Ability to speak English well enough to assist an individual in daily communications.
• Ability to read and write legibly.
• Ability to complete and pass DDSD required training.
• Ability to drive/transport clients.
• Safe reliable automobile.
• Proof of liability insurance on automobile. (your name must be on the policy documentation)
• Valid Oklahoma driver’s license.
• Good driving history including no suspensions of driver’s license in the past 5 years.
- Ability to stoop, twist and bend for extended periods of time.
- Must have the physical ability to stand for extended periods of time; walk; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; speak; hear; and see.
- Must be able to independently pick up and transport objects weighing 25 lbs. on a regular basis and occasionally lift 50 pounds, as needed.
- Ability to lift, move or assist assigned clients* with or without the assistance of another staff member or mechanical device. *Clients’ weight vary depending on health condition, gender, etc.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Important Notice to all Applicants: We perform thorough OSBI, driving record and reference checks. If you have ever been charged with a crime or driving record, it will show up when we do our background checks. Criminal charges or driving problems will not necessarily keep you from being hired, however submitting false information on your application will.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.
TO APPLY Complete and print our ONLINE APPLICATION by clicking on this link, and then click on the words "Application Form".
• IN PERSON (preferred) You can bring your completed application form you printed or complete an application form in our office.
• FAX to (918)446-9996 (confidential fax)
• EMAIL Application/Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Brighter Day, Inc.
5043 S. 33rd West Avenue (West Tulsa)
Tulsa, OK 74107
Office Hours: Monday-Thursday, 9am-5pm, Friday 9am-1pm
Be sure to bring your current driver's license, auto insurance verification and your current certifications, such as CPR. If no certifications, we will train you!